Thursday, January 15, 2015

House of Falafel - Cupertino

2.5/5 stars

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY: My awesome dad likes to support our neighborhood eateries so we decided to try House of Falafel. Everytime I drive by it's almost always packed.

WHAT THE HECK IS A FALAFEL, you say? It's this fried, green ball of garbanzo beans that tastes like... not chicken. It's got a "meaty" texture and I can see how this would be a nice alternative for veggie-tarians. It was served up hot and was quite nice all wrapped up in a grilled pita spread with hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. The hummus must've been spread pretty thin bc I couldn't taste it. Too bad because I like hummus. Next time I will order it as a side or something.

My dad and I also shared a beef shish kabab wrap (cubes of freshly grilled steak, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and tahini sauce). Could've used more meat and since it wasn't the best cut, steak was chewy. The tahini sauce was interesting - very mild sesame. Overall, I liked my Mediterranean burrito. Kinda pricey though at $7!!

ATMOSPHERE: Umm... kinda run-down, sticky, and dirty. Service is okay, food takes awhile to cook. There was a nice girl who patiently translated what the word "shawerma" means (thinly shaved chicken or lamb) and they have outdoor seating, which is a plus.

(2007

No comments: